Sunday, January 23, 2011

2 Weekend Results

2 Top 20 D3 teams were in action yesterday, with both losing to D1 opponents.

Eastern Washington d. Whitman 7-0

Whitman has high expectations for themselves this season, but after this result it seems depth may certainly be an issue. 3 and 4 may be their strongest spots and if they can't get wins there they are in trouble. I'm sure this D1 team is quite good and I'm looking forward to reading Coach Northam's take on the match.

University of Illinois-Chicago d. Chicago 5-2

Although it didn't turn out badly, I expected Chicago to do better in this match. Stefanski didn't play in singles which I found odd, and I also expected Golovin to really be a good #2 for the Maroons this year after a great fall tournament. I'm sure Chicago isn't in top form at the moment, but they should realize they have work to do after this result.