Saturday, March 6, 2010

Preview: Kalamazoo at DePauw

I didn't expect much from the Hornets this year but they have been on top of their game this year. They have no freshman and 3 seniors I believe so this is a very experienced team. Even with their experience, I don't know if they can manage to beat DePauw on the road. This should be a fairly even match for the most part but I feel as though DePauw is just a little bit stronger everywhere. I would expect DePauw to win 2 of the doubles. I'm really looking forward to the #1 match because these have been two doubles teams that have been on fire lately. The DePauw team went 3-0 at Indoors crushing Emory. I would be surprised if one of the team manages to pull a doubles sweep. The top 3 singles matches should all be pretty even and could go either way. Kzoo could be a little stronger here and I don't think they can win this match without winning 2 of the top 3 matches. The bottom is also fairly even but I like DePauw's depth a little more. I think they will manage to take 2 of 3 in the bottom 3 spots. I'm going with DePauw in a 6-3 win but all the matches should be close.