Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekend Scores

Bates d. MIT 7-2
CMS d. Mary Wash 8-1
CMS d. Kenyon 6-3
DePauw d. Kalamazoo 5-4
CMS d. UT-Tyler 8-1
Redlands d. Mary Wash 5-4

Some really interesting results here. I know I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm tempted to call CMS the #2 team in the country right now after their dominance this weekend. Everyone knows they are tough on their home courts, but I don't think anyone was expecting the performances over the past two days. Losing 5 points in 3 matches against three top 20 teams is impressive. DePauw had a somewhat convincing result against Kalamazoo, but I still don't think they've put themselves in a position to move to the top 15. Kalamazoo is still struggling and I don't see a turn around for them in sight. The most surprising result of the weekend was Redlands upsetting UMW. Both teams had been struggling coming into this match but Redlands was able to get a good win. We thought Mary Wash's weakness was their doubles, but they managed to win 2 of 3 and still ended up losing the match. They need to go home and regroup to get their confidence back. They could find themselves ranked outside of the top 15 soon. Redlands has some upcoming tests so we will see how they will look going forward. Exciting week ahead and I'll put out a schedule sometime tomorrow.